This is an interview I had with BBC Arabic Radio this month, on the daily noon news show. It was one day after the Saudi government had lifted travel restrictions for Saudi women. A number of new civil laws and regulations in favor of women were released on 6th August. Probably the most important was that women over the age of 21 may obtain their passports without their guardians’ permission, as well as an easing of travel permissions.
BBC Interview with the Daily Noon News Show – Dahlia Rahaimy
- [Part 2] 40 years later: the 1979 Grand Mosque seizure 18th November 2019
- 40 years later: the 1979 Grand Mosque seizure 17th November 2019
- Saudi women can divorce 7th November 2019
- Saudi State Minister faces Criticism 23rd October 2019
- Al Dowayan Saudi arts on BBC top 100 women list 21st October 2019
- Brazil and Argentina to play friendly game in Riyadh 16th October 2019