Saudi Arabia’s Supreme Council of the Judiciary has announced that judicial flogging will be replaced as a punishment by fines or imprisonment. This is part of Saudi Arabia’s human rights reforms. While flogging is one of the punishments recognized by Islamic Law, Sharia, in most cases its imposition is in the judge’s discretion.
Saudi Arabia abolishes flogging
- KSA’s outlook still positive – Haddad 17th May 2020
- Life in Saudi Arabia through the eyes of Bizzie Frost 5th May 2020
- Saudi Arabia seems on top of Corona crisis 30th April 2020
- The splendour of Ramadan 28th April 2020
- Saudi Arabia abolishes flogging 26th April 2020
- This Ramadan was different 23rd April 2020